Trademark & Design Law
Intellectual Property & Media Law
Commercial & Corporate Law
Bernd Tschöpe specializes in IT law including data protection, competition law and all aspects of intellectual property law. In competition law, he supports our clients in the prosecution and defense of claims under competition law. This includes pre-litigation warnings as well as taking legal action under preliminary injunction proceedings and competition proceedings.
Moreover, he advises on intellectual property issues (trademark and copyright law) and takes over to file, register and to manage trademarks and designs as well as to protect and defend our clients' intellectual property rights.
Other core areas of his practice are commercial and corporate law as well as contract law. Bernd Tschöpe advises our clients comprehensively, in particular in matters relating to the law of licensing, distribution and competition. He drafts, reviews and negotiates agency and license agreements as well as other contracts with creative professionals, suppliers and other third parties. He examines any planned creative measures for competition and trademark law related risks.
He assists sales platforms and online shops with legal issues in e-commerce. Moreover, he assists companies in an advisory capacity on marketing measures, in particular on the creation of advertising materials and on issues relating to the use and integration of social media.
Amongst others, his client base includes web hosting companies, software houses, agencies and platforms from various industries such as trade and media.
- born in Mönchengladbach
- Vocational training as Business Management Professional for conference, congress and trade fair industry (IHK)
- Legal Studies at the Universities of Cologne and Passau
- Legal clerkship in Bavaria with a focus on business
- Master studies in intellectual property law and media law at the Humboldt-University Berlin
- Graduate of the course on Intellectual Property Rights for specialized attorneys
- Graduate of the course in Copyright and Media law for specialized attorneys
Languages of Correspondence
German and English
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)